No products in the cart.
Roll over image to zoom in
Click to open expanded view
Swann-Morton Blade Sterile #15C
|BOX (100 Pcs)
Ex. GST : $65.50
Inc. GST : $72.05
With a longer, more extended cutting edge than the traditional No.15 blade, the 15C provides additional reach for the Dentist carrying out Periodontal procedures especially when combined with the ergonomically designed B3 handle. Increasingly used by Podiatrists for nucleating corns around the webbing of the toes. Fitment No.3. Fits Handles 3, 3L, 3 Graduated, 5B, 7, 9, and B3.
Safe Handling of Swann-Morton Products:
The way in which a surgical blade is handled prior to use can determine how effectively it performs during use. There are a number of ways that the cutting edge of a blade can become damaged once removed from its protective foil packet:
- When removing a blade from the protective packet make sure it is not dropped into a metal bowl or container as this can reduce the initial keenness of the cutting edge even before it is fitted to the handle;
- If you have to use forceps or needle holders to remove the blade from its protective packet ensure that you do not grip the blade across the cutting edge.
To Attach A Surgical Blade:
Use the following procedure to attach a surgical blade:
- Grip blade with forceps, or similar, avoiding contact with cutting edge.
- Hold handle in left hand with bayonet fitting uppermost.
- Place blade partway over handle fitting and engage slots.
- Slide blade until it clicks into position.
- To improve assembly, flex blade slightly upwards when sliding onto the handle.
To Remove A Surgical Blade:
Use the following procedure to detach a surgical blade:
- Grip blade with forceps or needle holders at point A making sure that the cutting edge is facing away from hand and body.
- Ensure the blade is pointing downwards and towards the trolley and NOT towards another member of your team.
- Whilst holding the handle firmly lift the back edge of the blade with the forceps or needle holders and slide away the handle.
- The preferred method would be a Swann-Morton blade remover device.
How To Use the Swann-Morton Blade Remover:
BOX (100 Pcs)